GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Two Cymbidium Nut Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/170881-two-cymbidium-nut-plants.html)

Ray B 06-02-2008 11:43 AM

Two Cymbidium Nut Plants

2 Attachment(s)
Clones of 'H&R' acquired several years ago, moved to s/h at the same time,
and grown right next to each other.

So much for "exact copies".

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 06-02-2008 03:15 PM

Two Cymbidium Nut Plants

Amazing. How much more different could they be? Pretty, though.

Diana

K Barrett 06-02-2008 04:49 PM

Two Cymbidium Nut Plants

Nice plants! It would be interesting to see what Roy Tokunaga has to say
about this. Probably a tag got mixed up or something. Might be worth an
email. He may be able to tell you what the other is. Or buy the oddity at
a huge profit for you, LOL!

K Barrett

unknown[_1_] 07-02-2008 01:06 AM

Two Cymbidium Nut Plants

i think that's very cool. just like phals that have different flowers
on different spikes--on the same plant. :)

--j_a

Ray B 07-02-2008 01:25 AM

Two Cymbidium Nut Plants

The weirdest phals I ever had was a complex hybrid I got from Parkside - I
actually bought two at different times because I liked the bright golden
yellow flowers, and didn't realize I already had one.

The next time they bloomed, the flowers were white.

The time after that, pink.

Lost 'em both to a freeze, and I'll be damned if I can remember the cross!

unknown[_1_] 08-02-2008 01:45 AM

Two Cymbidium Nut Plants

sounds like my optimara african violets--they bloom out in different
colors depending on the time of year. the non-optimara don't.

--j_a