Old 24-03-2008, 05:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Jumellea arachnantha

Jumellea arachnantha. This plant had a really bad case of scale. I repotted
& treated it
whilst in bud? I hope I have saved it.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Jumellea arachnantha-jumellea-arachantha-975-01823.jpg
Old 24-03-2008, 03:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I had a huge new growth starting on a cattleya seedling. While watering I
noticed some scale on it, picked up the plant, and lo and behold the side
facing away from me was completely covered in scale. I toothbrushed off the
scale and under all teh bracts along the rhizome, then dunked it in
malathion to kill whatever was on the roots and in the medium. Yesterday
the new growth had bent over. Water had remained under the sheath and
rotted the new pseudobulb at the halfway point. sigh. Sometimes these
things want to give us trouble. There are many other eyes to sprout, but
again I hope I saved mine too.

K Barrett

Old 26-03-2008, 08:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Bummer, Kath.

Diana

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Jumellea arachnantha. This plant had a really bad case of scale. I
repotted
& treated it
whilst in bud? I hope I have saved it.
Cheers Wendy