Old 27-03-2008, 03:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Greenhouse fire pictures

Two fire pictures and one picture showing the same space in March of 2006.
All different view points)

All the Easter/Mother's Day Phals were in place and ready to put on their
show. They were late this year. So instead of flowers, like in the 2006
picture, they were still in bud. It would have been very pretty in here in
April and May.

Attached Thumbnails
Greenhouse fire pictures-fire1.jpg   Greenhouse fire pictures-fire2.jpg   Greenhouse fire pictures-fire3.jpg

Old 27-03-2008, 06:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I got plenty of words if you need any.

I have a clean-up crew here today. Already all the burned out benches are
gone and the plastic is coming off now. The metal structure can be cleaned.
Each metal bow is coated in melted burned plastic but I have already
demonstrated to 8 incredulous hirelings that elbow grease, a heat gun, a
scraper and some steal wool can make a 6 foot section of the worst damaged
bow look better than new in the time they were off eating lunch. I got
words if anybody needs them but I will hear no more of the "it can't be
done" kind.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Oh, Al. No words.

Diana

Old 27-03-2008, 07:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Words - I'll just bet you have plenty! You'll never hear "It can't be done"
from me. Never. I've done too many impossible things in my life to ever
think that way.

I'm glad that you have the same attitude!

Diana

Old 27-03-2008, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:13:10 GMT, "Al Pickrel"
wrote:

Two fire pictures and one picture showing the same space in March of 2006.
All different view points)

All the Easter/Mother's Day Phals were in place and ready to put on their
show. They were late this year. So instead of flowers, like in the 2006
picture, they were still in bud. It would have been very pretty in here in
April and May.

Any idea on how it started Al? Man what a mess. the Adjuster ever show
up, or you still waiting on Windex guy to come back? (You have to
laugh, or cry, numb just wears you out too fast.)

Good luck man.

Dave
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR
Old 27-03-2008, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Now THAT's the spirit! Good luck Al, it looks like a hell of a mess.

Dave

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:52:39 GMT, "Al Pickrel"
wrote:

I got plenty of words if you need any.

I have a clean-up crew here today. Already all the burned out benches are
gone and the plastic is coming off now. The metal structure can be cleaned.
Each metal bow is coated in melted burned plastic but I have already
demonstrated to 8 incredulous hirelings that elbow grease, a heat gun, a
scraper and some steal wool can make a 6 foot section of the worst damaged
bow look better than new in the time they were off eating lunch. I got
words if anybody needs them but I will hear no more of the "it can't be
done" kind.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Oh, Al. No words.

Diana

Old 27-03-2008, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:13:10 -0700, Al Pickrel wrote
(in article aQOGj.4542$Ew5.812@trnddc04):

Two fire pictures and one picture showing the same space in March of 2006.
All different view points)

All the Easter/Mother's Day Phals were in place and ready to put on their
show. They were late this year. So instead of flowers, like in the 2006
picture, they were still in bud. It would have been very pretty in here in
April and May.

Oh, Al, those hurt to look at.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 27-03-2008, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

you know, this totally sucks, but these pics make me think of a couple
things:

a LOT of the plants made it, and

the HOUSE seems to be ok.

when i first saw the notice on the website the other day, i thought "oh
CRAP--that greenhouse is attached to the HOUSE house-!" !

so that's something, i guess. what kind of fire detection system did
you have in the GH? (someday i'll tell y'all how i discovered all *my*
smoke detectors work... -eye roll-)

(and entirely non-related--carter & holmes sent me another catalog. on
top of it was a flyer for a local ballot initiative about fire retardent
materials. the way i picked the mail out of the box, the flyer (with a
picture of a burning house) looked like it was part of the catalog. i
said "oh hell not ANOTHER one-?!")

--j_a

Old 28-03-2008, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Greenhouse fire pictures/amethystoglossa

Tell me Al: did that big C. amethystoglossa make it?

Diana (holding breath)

. ..

Old 28-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered User

QUOTE='Diana Kulaga': Tell me Al: did that big C. amethystoglossa make it?

Diana (holding breath)

++++++

--and the keiki monster? (hands over eyes, peeking thru fingers)

(of course, if not, i and no doubt dozens of other ppl have pieces of it, and if you want a keiki, just ask)

--j_a, finally finding a use for that UK site that mirrors abpo...
Old 28-03-2008, 03:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"Al Pickrel" wrote in message
Two fire pictures and one picture showing the same space in March of 2006.
All different view points)

All the Easter/Mother's Day Phals were in place and ready to put on their
show. They were late this year. So instead of flowers, like in the 2006
picture, they were still in bud. It would have been very pretty in here
in
April and May.

Oh the pain! Al, I'm so sorry. I can see how you were able to clean up the
framing and at least salvage that part of the disaster. sigh.

Pat Brennan, if you are around, you are a good friend.

K Barrett

Rate This Thread: