GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help! - ID guatemalan orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/172884-help-id-guatemalan-orchid.html)

tenman 11-04-2008 05:14 PM

Help! - ID guatemalan orchid

1 Attachment(s)
I'm forwarding this on for a friend. This plant was photographed in
guatemela; "the leaves were an inch and the flowers were little
thumbnail size and fragrant". No pseudobulbs were visible.

Any ideas? I though it looked similar to laelias, but then so many
things do.

wendy7 11-04-2008 09:37 PM

Help! - ID guatemalan orchid

Tennis,
How about Meiracyllium trinasutan .
Cheers Wendy

news:94adnSfm0_T2E2LanZ2dnUVZ_sOrnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

tenman 12-04-2008 04:53 AM

Help! - ID guatemalan orchid

Wendy7 wrote:
Tennis,
How about Meiracyllium trinasutan .
Cheers Wendy

Bingo! Thanks, Wendy! How ever did you know?? I've never even heard of
this one.

wendy7 12-04-2008 03:43 PM

Help! - ID guatemalan orchid

Purely accidental Tennis, I love to research, Googled "Guatemala Orchids" &
found it in one of J. Pfahls pages.
IOSPE. Also bollixed the spelling a bit!
Cheers Wendy
"tenman" wrote in message
news:68ydnTgZxPG9r53VnZ2dnUVZ_qqgnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
Wendy7 wrote:
Tennis,
How about Meiracyllium trinasutum.

wendy7 12-04-2008 03:49 PM

Help! - ID guatemalan orchid

Thanks Gary, you know as I was searching I pulled a name from the back of my
mind (wendlandii) but couldn't
remember the genus. There are only two I think? I would have found it in a
blink on IOSPE
Yes I think sometimes these little guys do better horizontally as well.
Cheers Wendy
. ..