GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cymbidium species (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/173111-cymbidium-species.html)

wendy7 16-04-2008 08:47 PM

Cymbidium species

1 Attachment(s)
Cymbidium maddidum in full swing.
Someone told me that this guy is still used for breeding & should be of
extra value?
Cheers Wendy

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 16-04-2008 08:57 PM

Cymbidium species

I had a maddidum hybrid at one time. Can't remember what happened to the
poor thing; it was early on. It's one of the Cyms that will grow warm.

Diana

wendy7 16-04-2008 11:57 PM

Cymbidium species

Thanks for the comments you guys.
Also this one comes with a funny story.
The person that owned this giant had it on their patio on a pedestal beside
the sliding door. (lots of traffic)
The first time I saw it, I was amazed by all the cascading spikes &
flowers but it seemed
the flowers were furry?
As it turned out they owned a Collie dog & it would walk by brushing against
the sticky sugar excretions on every flower, the
dogs fur stuck to them.
My exclamation to my friend was. . . . "Fur out"! *G*
Cheers Wendy

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 17-04-2008 12:42 AM

Cymbidium species

My exclamation to my friend was. . . . "Fur out"! *G*

Oh, groan!!

Diana

Cheers Wendy