GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tolumnia Sundown Reef 'Spotted Ewok' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/173193-tolumnia-sundown-reef-spotted-ewok.html)

tenman 18-04-2008 04:54 PM

Tolumnia Sundown Reef 'Spotted Ewok'

1 Attachment(s)
Trying tolumnias again now that I think I can handle them better in a
GH. Got this as my first try because of the red petals and mostly
pink/red lip shown in the photo promoting this 'mericlone'. Huh?? This
brown and yellow flower is clearly not the flower I expected from the
pic of the original. Still nice, but not what I wanted.

V_coerulea 18-04-2008 10:42 PM

Tolumnia Sundown Reef 'Spotted Ewok'

Very nice, indeed
Gary

news:nZidnU7kad3PWZXVnZ2dnUVZ_tOtnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

K Barrett 20-04-2008 02:32 AM

tenman wrote:
Trying tolumnias again now that I think I can handle them better in a
GH. Got this as my first try because of the red petals and mostly
pink/red lip shown in the photo promoting this 'mericlone'. Huh?? This
brown and yellow flower is clearly not the flower I expected from the
pic of the original. Still nice, but not what I wanted.

What you are looking for in Tolumnias is a freaking huge lip. That's
where the breeding lines are going.