GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bl fidelensis X digbyana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/173450-bl-fidelensis-x-digbyana.html)

V_coerulea 23-04-2008 11:01 PM

Bl fidelensis X digbyana

2 Attachment(s)
This is a different cross. Its a very pretty pink with a frilled lip, but
look at the stem before the flower. I'm not sure if that's all ovary or part
stem. The stem is not pinched way back there from weight of the flower, it
grows like that all the time. What could make the stem grow at 90 deg angle?
Gary

tenman 24-04-2008 04:00 AM

Bl fidelensis X digbyana

v_coerulea wrote:
This is a different cross.

Very, very nice!
Its a very pretty pink with a frilled lip, but
look at the stem before the flower. I'm not sure if that's all ovary or part
stem. The stem is not pinched way back there from weight of the flower, it
grows like that all the time. What could make the stem grow at 90 deg angle?

Digbyana - I have seen a number of them like this.