GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bifrenaria tyrianthina x2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/173681-bifrenaria-tyrianthina-x2.html)

tenman 30-04-2008 02:48 AM

Bifrenaria tyrianthina x2

2 Attachment(s)
This I also got in a trade years ago (8? 10?). A lovely, fragrant
flower, it has two flowers this time on a small plant (I keep getting
asked for divisions!) This was the third round of shooting it - the
camera first wanted to focus on the pbs beside it, then the next time,
on the black napkin I used to hide them, and finally I gave up, put the
napkin on to cover all, and used the flash. That worked though it makes
the flower seem harder than it is - it's actually a bit subtler and
softer looking (if that makes sense?). The lip is incredible;second pic
is a closeup of it showing the bright orange callous in the throat in
the next message. I do remember from whom I got this one, and if you see
this, Eric M., thanks again!