Old 30-04-2008, 03:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Bifoliate cattleyas are great!

This is the plant responsible for my fairly recent development of a
fondness for bifoliates. I got a few as backbulb divisions from the
conservatory where I repot, and just figured eventually they'd bloom or
not. I wasn't very excited by them as I thought the flowers weren't that
great. I still don't think the individual flowers on this, Lc.Chit Chat
'Tangerine' are all that great: small and poorly shaped. This isn't its
best blooming. That was the first time it bloomed about 2-3 years ago,
before a close 'friend' talked me into splitting it. It bloomed down in
the growroom in early Feb. and I brought it up to the kitchen, where it
sat with its 50 or so flowers. And there it sat, in bloom when nothing
else was, against the purple wall, for almost THREE MONTHS!!! Well, the
individual flowers may not be much, but what a show it makes in full bloom!!

I was sold. I have several nice ones now and am just waiting for them to
get big and adjust to the greenhouse. They're sitting below the hanging
purpurata types and amongst other purpuratas getting a lot of sun.

Attached Thumbnails
Bifoliate cattleyas are great!-chitchatfull0408.jpg

Rate This Thread: