Old 30-04-2008, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Lc.Schilleriana - oldie but goodie!

This is Lc.Schilleriana, registered in 1891. This one is L.purpurata
v.werkhauseri x C.intermedia 'Blue Lip'. Obviously the blue got lost
somewhere which is not unusual.

I love, love, love this plant! I think I first got it in a trade a long
time ago - maybe 12 years? Should have kept records, I know, but the
choice of keeping records or watering with the little time available -
well, watering won. If the person I got it from is out there, thanks a
million!

Large, classically proportioned flowers of great substance and star
power - it has it all!

This is the best blooming I've had from it - I've never gotten more than
one flower before, but there are four - yes, four this time - and I once
more am so grateful I was able to build the GH last year!

Attached Thumbnails
Lc.Schilleriana - oldie but goodie!-lcschilleriana0408.jpg
Old 30-04-2008, 10:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

What a looker, Tennis! I love it too.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
news:AMCdnUyB57XbTIrVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
This is Lc.Schilleriana, registered in 1891. This one is L.purpurata
v.werkhauseri x C.intermedia 'Blue Lip'. Obviously the blue got lost
somewhere which is not unusual.

I love, love, love this plant! I think I first got it in a trade a long
time ago - maybe 12 years? Should have kept records, I know, but the
choice of keeping records or watering with the little time available -
well, watering won. If the person I got it from is out there, thanks a
million!

Large, classically proportioned flowers of great substance and star
power - it has it all!

This is the best blooming I've had from it - I've never gotten more than
one flower before, but there are four - yes, four this time - and I once
more am so grateful I was able to build the GH last year!

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Golden oldie? Steerpike United Kingdom 24 17-04-2012 05:56 PM
oldie but goody Frank Lawns 0 16-05-2011 01:40 PM
Oldie but goodie K Barrett Orchid Photos 2 08-09-2007 09:02 PM
Oldie but goodie (off topic but not quite) anne United Kingdom 10 06-08-2003 12:12 PM