GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Schomburgkia tibicinis - the plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/174973-schomburgkia-tibicinis-plant.html)

wendy7 24-05-2008 12:49 AM

Schomburgkia tibicinis - the plant

1 Attachment(s)
Schomburgkia tibicinis with the flower buds just opening to the right side.
It is on a piece of cork but decided to just put it in a wooden basket & voilla! He likes it!
Cheers Wendy

wendy7 25-05-2008 06:46 PM

Schomburgkia tibicinis - the plant

Yes perfect Chris & good growing. I forgot to mention that mine had been in the greenhouse for some time, sort of
stunted. Also they are call Myrmecophila now.
http://www.orchidspecies.com/myrmecophiliatibicinis.htm
Cheers Wendy

"Chris Savas" wrote in message ...
Hi, all,

My Schm. tibicinis is also in bloom, but I don't know if it is 'normal'. I
measured the bloom spike and it is 38 1/4 inches for the tip of the bulb to
the lowest flower. Is the length to be expected?

I got a division last year at a local orchid society workshop. This is the
first time that it has bloomed for me.

Chris in Central Florida
(remove no from address to reply directly)