Old 28-05-2008, 12:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default V. Zengo White

I do think that the photos Frank took today have a decided blue tinge. The
weather is quite clear, and we took them outside, as we generally do.

Anyway, this plant has rarely been out of bloom since we got it several
years ago. It's a real trooper.

Diana

Attached Thumbnails
V. Zengo White-v-zengyo-white.jpg

Old 28-05-2008, 03:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I think she's making up the names. There is not a single, registered
vandaceous plant that starts with "zen", and I have no idea what she's
trying to pull with that ascocenda.

. ..

Old 28-05-2008, 05:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I do think that the photos Frank took today have a decided blue tinge. The
weather is quite clear, and we took them outside, as we generally do.

Anyway, this plant has rarely been out of bloom since we got it several
years ago. It's a real trooper.

Diana

Wow! That's a real eye-popper; what size are the flowers?
Old 28-05-2008, 04:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yeah, I'm afraid our Diana's crossed to the dark side. So sad to see a
good girl go bad. Happens in the nicest of families I understand....

Old 28-05-2008, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thank's Ten. The flower is about 6" across.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
news:KcmdncbFHrdKVqHVnZ2dnUVZ_gadnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old 28-05-2008, 09:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Okay, you two! I'm out here, y'know! I have found neither of them since I
bought them, so they're most likely unregistered. I do know both vendors, so
if it's ever in my interest to track down the lineage maybe it's possible.

Dark side indeed. Harumph! Anyway, if I decide to make up names they will be
far more inventive than these two!

Diana ;o)

. ..

Old 29-05-2008, 03:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Okay, you two! I'm out here, y'know! I have found neither of them since I
bought them, so they're most likely unregistered. I do know both vendors, so
if it's ever in my interest to track down the lineage maybe it's possible.

Dark side indeed. Harumph! Anyway, if I decide to make up names they will be
far more inventive than these two!

Diana ;o)

6" flowers??? OMG!!!! I love white vandas and have tow but with much
smaller flowers. You say you know the vendors? If there are any more of
thse around, I would love to get my hands on one!

Old 29-05-2008, 06:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

As stupid as it sounds could you find out for me? If you get a second.
Not because I'm on a nomenclature jihad, but because I wonder how this
stuff happens. Sometimes the back story is interesting. For example a
fellow used to swear up and down that Den Peng Seng wasn't the hybrid it
was purported to be. That he was in the nursery the day the nursery
owner said he forgot what the actual cross was and decided it must have
been 'peng seng', slapped the name on it and viola, a bunch of
arbitrarily named plants hit the market.... Now, I have a Den Peng Seng
and it looks like the primary hybrid it supposed to be...so that makes
me wonder...who's right? I also have a Den Emma White only because its
a widely sold, commercially viable, non-registered hybrid. & I have a
Phal Spanish Dancer that was imported without paperwork saying its
really was Spanish Dancer... I dunno. I kinda like those things.
Odd-of-me, I know. Anyway they are 2 very interesting plants and it'd
be a pity not to know what they are (-ish).

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Okay, you two! I'm out here, y'know! I have found neither of them since I
bought them, so they're most likely unregistered. I do know both vendors, so
if it's ever in my interest to track down the lineage maybe it's possible.

Dark side indeed. Harumph! Anyway, if I decide to make up names they will be
far more inventive than these two!

Diana ;o)

. ..

Old 29-05-2008, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ray B wrote:
http://www.zengyo.com/

If Diana's tags still have Zen Gyo's codes that'd make it easier.

Old 29-05-2008, 07:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I bought this one several years ago from Jeff Atkins of Atkins Orchids,
Homestead FL. I'll try to look for his contact info.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
news:1LadnTC0QJIHlqPVnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old 29-05-2008, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

No codes. The only tag was a flimsy thing with nothing but the name. It's
long gone, replaced by one we made.

Anyway, I found Zen Gyo as well, and I just sent them a note. Will let you
know what I get, if anything.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Ray B wrote:
http://www.zengyo.com/

If Diana's tags still have Zen Gyo's codes that'd make it easier.

Rate This Thread: