GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bloom Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/175187-bloom-question.html)

Uncle_vito 28-05-2008 11:30 PM

Bloom Question

1 Attachment(s)
Newbie question. My orchid has had this sheath for about 3 months. I
figure a flower is going to poke through this, correct?

Is it typical to have to wait this long for a flower to pop out?

Thanks

Vito

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 29-05-2008 12:32 AM

Bloom Question

Hi, Vito,

It's not unusual for a Cattleya to put out a sheath that appears dormant.
Sometimes they bloom, sometimes not. Don't tear it off, though, as some
Catts will actually have a sheath in a sheath.

Patience, patience.

Diana