GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ping Wendy - Closeup, E. Oncidioides - enconcidioidesjpg.jpg (1/1) [201K] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/175465-ping-wendy-closeup-e-oncidioides-enconcidioidesjpg-jpg-1-1-%5B201k%5D.html)

tbell 02-06-2008 09:00 PM

Ping Wendy - Closeup, E. Oncidioides - enconcidioidesjpg.jpg (1/1) [201K]

1 Attachment(s)
Wendy - I remember you saying this plant was difficult to photograph, and
I've sure found it so, because the blooms look down and curve in. This is my
best effort so far.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

K Barrett 03-06-2008 01:50 AM

tbell wrote:
Wendy - I remember you saying this plant was difficult to photograph, and
I've sure found it so, because the blooms look down and curve in. This is my
best effort so far.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

So howdja do it? Open the fstop all the way? (Not that I know what I'm
talking about, just that I know depth of field is hard to capture.)

wendy7 03-06-2008 05:09 AM

Ping Wendy - Closeup, E. Oncidioides - enconcidioidesjpg.jpg (1/1) [201K]

A very nice macro Tom & also your guy seems to have a greenish tinge to it,
while
mine was more yellow/brown.
How about one of the whole plant there doc?
Cheers Wendy

.com...

tbell 04-06-2008 02:56 AM

Ping Wendy - Closeup, E. Oncidioides - enconcidioidesjpg.jpg (1/1) [201K]

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:50:56 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

tbell wrote:
Wendy - I remember you saying this plant was difficult to photograph, and
I've sure found it so, because the blooms look down and curve in. This is
my
best effort so far.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

So howdja do it? Open the fstop all the way? (Not that I know what I'm
talking about, just that I know depth of field is hard to capture.)

Macro lens, 12 mm extension tube, and a very narrow aperture in full
sunlight. Congratulations! You knew enough to zero in on the aperture, Kath.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

tbell 04-06-2008 02:58 AM

Ping Wendy - Closeup, E. Oncidioides - enconcidioidesjpg.jpg (1/1) [201K]

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:09:32 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

A very nice macro Tom & also your guy seems to have a greenish tinge to it,
while
mine was more yellow/brown.
How about one of the whole plant there doc?
Cheers Wendy

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
Wendy - I remember you saying this plant was difficult to photograph, and
I've sure found it so, because the blooms look down and curve in. This is
my
best effort so far.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

I'll try when the sun comes out tomorrow, but the spike is tall enough that
the individual blooms will just vanish. Neat fragrance, though.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200