GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fragrant 1: Trichopilia oicophylax (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/175837-fragrant-1-trichopilia-oicophylax.html)

tenman 13-06-2008 04:43 AM

Fragrant 1: Trichopilia oicophylax

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't very energetic today - watering will have to wait til tomorrow
- so I took the camera out to the GH instead. When I went to pull the
marginata out to photograph, there not too far away on the trichopilia
shelf was a surprise. Some orchids just go from incipient bud to open
flower so fast you almost miss it. This hasn't bloomed for a while. Not
as nice as some I've seen and haven't been able to track down, but still
nice. Fragrant and very delicate, the sepals and petals have a
diaphanous quality that makes them seem almost ghostly at times.

I like it when I can get a second flower into the frame from the side
view like this to show the flower structure better.