GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fragrance 5: Bulbophyllum longiflorum : daisy orchid x2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/175841-fragrance-5-bulbophyllum-longiflorum-daisy-orchid-x2.html)

tenman 13-06-2008 04:52 AM

Fragrance 5: Bulbophyllum longiflorum : daisy orchid x2

2 Attachment(s)
I call this a daisy orchid for obvious reasons. Very faintly fragrant
(stinky), the entire umbel is almost 3.5" across, so it's a pretty
good-sized show. I've had up to three inflorescences on one of these. I
have seen pics of plants with many more, but I just find it difficult to
do - the plant is so rangy (long internodal distances) that even a
'small' one is soon needing a 10" pot, and to get those many
inflorescences would probably require too much space. Though I have been
able to on occasion double the plant back over itself into the pot after
it has overextended itself, and may try that again. Trouble is that it's
a real pain to try and repot when it's grown that way.