Old 13-06-2008, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default C violacea

This is a seedling's first bloom.
Gary

Attached Thumbnails
C violacea-c-violacea.jpg
Old 14-06-2008, 05:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

v_coerulea wrote:
This is a seedling's first bloom.
Gary

Very nice one. Now I can't wait for mine to bloom!
Old 14-06-2008, 03:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"tenman" wrote in message
v_coerulea wrote:
This is a seedling's first bloom.
Gary

Very nice one. Now I can't wait for mine to bloom!

Me too. I've had one for several years that grows and grows but just won't
bloom. Someone told me that its from the Amazon so its a bit warmer grower
than many of the other catts, and so it might not like how low I let my gh
get in the winter (55F).

Gary, how do you grow yours?

K Barrett

Old 15-06-2008, 02:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yeah, I found the Baker's culture sheet and they say the same thing about
phals temps. I found a picture story Greg Allikas wrote, showing them in
bloom along a river in Brazil...or was it Venezuela.. argh. My mind's a
sieve. Anyway the flowers were very cool-looking sitting on limbs above the
stream.

K Barrett

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
I keep it at 60F min in winter and more shade and moisture than most catts.
I have it growing with the Phals.
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
"tenman" wrote in message
v_coerulea wrote:
This is a seedling's first bloom.
Gary
Very nice one. Now I can't wait for mine to bloom!

Me too. I've had one for several years that grows and grows but just
won't bloom. Someone told me that its from the Amazon so its a bit
warmer grower than many of the other catts, and so it might not like how
low I let my gh get in the winter (55F).

Gary, how do you grow yours?

K Barrett

Rate This Thread: