Old 18-06-2008, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Den. Lorrie Mortimer

This poor thing has gone through a lot, including some frost bite last
winter (mea culpa!). But it's doing fine now, throwing off spike after
spike.

Diana

Attached Thumbnails
Den. Lorrie Mortimer-den-lorrie-mortimer.jpg

Old 20-06-2008, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

As in H2O? Wow!! We haven't seen much of that, though the old grey ones
will speak of such things around the fire late at night when they think
younglings are sleeping. Funny again that I was once considered a youngling
when the oldsters talked freely of "rain". [sigh] Yet, still, now and
again we hear travellers speak of things called 'floods' where something
called 'insurance' needs to be purchased in case 'levies' break as wash
one's soul away. Oh! The horror! but still...One day I'd like to see such
'rain'. The old women cross themselves and make the sign to protect them
from the evil eye when I say such things out loud. So I post them to
newsgroups instead. I don't think its the same......... do you? [gulp] The
fire gods may hear me... I hope the orchid gods will protect my soul.

Not K Barrett, some other K Barrett, not the one in N Calif, USA......Take
Julia, not me.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Rain, LOL!

Diana

. ..

Old 20-06-2008, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Pray tell, what hast thou been reading? *G*
Soon ye shall have another surname!
Cheers Wendy(An old gray one)

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

. ..

Old 20-06-2008, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Dear Fire Gods: I don't know that woman. Who is she, and what has she done
with Kathy??

Yeah, H20, that stuff. We haven't had much either, but we're coming into our
rainy season, so late afternoon T-storms become the norm. The orchids are
loving it. It seemed that I couldn't give them enough of the stuff; imagine
that!

We've been using Martin Motes' method: water well, wait 10 or 15 minutes,
start over, do it again. Same with fertilizer. Now that the rains are coming
we have to pick and choose when we feed.

Yogi Berra, on seeing the rain start: "Where did that come from?"

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

. ..

Old 22-06-2008, 03:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Andy's Orchids talks about the same watering method...its the duration of
water, not just the fact you got the roots wet....spoken like a person who
doesn't also have to do the laundry.

K Barrett
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Dear Fire Gods: I don't know that woman. Who is she, and what has she done
with Kathy??

Yeah, H20, that stuff. We haven't had much either, but we're coming into
our rainy season, so late afternoon T-storms become the norm. The orchids
are loving it. It seemed that I couldn't give them enough of the stuff;
imagine that!

We've been using Martin Motes' method: water well, wait 10 or 15 minutes,
start over, do it again. Same with fertilizer. Now that the rains are
coming we have to pick and choose when we feed.

Yogi Berra, on seeing the rain start: "Where did that come from?"

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
What are those clear bead-like things on the leaves at the lower right?

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
This poor thing has gone through a lot, including some frost bite last
winter (mea culpa!). But it's doing fine now, throwing off spike after
spike.

Diana

Rate This Thread: