GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trichopilia galeottiana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/176136-trichopilia-galeottiana.html)

tenman 20-06-2008 05:29 PM

Trichopilia galeottiana

2 Attachment(s)
One of the least fragrant (if at all) of trichopilias, this also doesn't
have the best form. However, the yellow (flower just opened and will
become more yellow) is a promising source of color for hybridizing. The
crystalline texture of the lip is shown in the second shot.

Folks at our monthly meeting were treated to what for most here in Ohio
was an unusual sight: three different trichopilias in bloom. It's seldom
I get to take in even one in as the flowers last usually only a week and
never seem to be in bloom at meeting or show time.

V_coerulea 25-06-2008 12:59 PM

Trichopilia galeottiana

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Tennis,
My Trichopilia galeottiana is a rich yellow right from the beginning with no
spotting at all. Could mine be something else? Or could our warm climate
have a role in the coloring? Thanks.
Gary