Old 27-06-2008, 04:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default OT backyard project progress x 3

Those who may rememebr here's the before and after of the patio project,
tomorrow's the big day. The smoke from the CA fires have ruined the view of
the valley, so we'll have to come up with 'plan b' for the ceremony site.
But the yard is as done as its gonna get.

Boy is my back killing me. Thats 3000lbs of flagstone, and 4000 lbs of
rocks.... First pic is June 6 (I think) second pic is today. Caterers are
coming to start setting up tables/umbrellas in a few minutes.

Attached Thumbnails
OT backyard project progress x 3-dsc00132.jpg   OT backyard project progress x 3-dsc00136.jpg   OT backyard project progress x 3-dsc00135.jpg
Old 27-06-2008, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default OT CA smokey pics x2

Here's a pic of the sun at ~8 AM, orange in color. And shadows are soft
edged, the quality of light orange tinged. 2nd pic: The hills in the
distance (maybe 1/2 mile??) are obscured by smoke, usually one'd think that
was fog, but its smoke. The fires are actually miles away, so no danger,
but this is the weirdest I've ever seen it..

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
OT backyard project progress x 3-dsc00139.jpg   OT backyard project progress x 3-dsc00138.jpg
Old 27-06-2008, 07:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wow. You did a yeoman's job on that patio, Kathy. Too bad about the view,
but the important things in the pictures will be smiling, I'm sure.

Are you going away or anything? Hope to see lots of OT pictures here!

Diana

. ..

Old 28-06-2008, 09:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very nice, Kathy.

We have just had bluestone paving laid down. Not quite finished but it is
looking great.
~John

. ..

Old 29-06-2008, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default OT backyard project progress x 3 + Congratulations

Congratulations to you & yours Kathy, now white catts open at my house so
hope this Epiphyllum will suffice.
If you would like a leaf cutting, will bloom every year on your anniversary.
Good Luck & hope your back gets better.
Cheers Wendy

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Wonder if our gal is married yet? 5:35 EDT here. Probably not yet.
Everyone have a toast for Kathy!

Diana

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Very nice, Kathy.

We have just had bluestone paving laid down. Not quite finished but it
is looking great.
~John

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Those who may rememebr here's the before and after of the patio project,
tomorrow's the big day. The smoke from the CA fires have ruined the
view of the valley, so we'll have to come up with 'plan b' for the
ceremony site. But the yard is as done as its gonna get.

Boy is my back killing me. Thats 3000lbs of flagstone, and 4000 lbs of
rocks.... First pic is June 6 (I think) second pic is today. Caterers
are coming to start setting up tables/umbrellas in a few minutes.

Attached Thumbnails
OT backyard project progress x 3-epiphyllum-lge-white-28-02260.jpg

Old 30-06-2008, 05:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I had a L purpurata 'suavissimum' (solid white) that was just a day or 2
past its prime, but there were 2 spikes and about 7 flowers, so I used those
as my bouquet and filled with some fern for greenery. I'll email you my
address for the cutting. Thanks Wendy, you're a pal!

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Congratulations to you & yours Kathy, now white catts open at my house so
hope this Epiphyllum will suffice.
If you would like a leaf cutting, will bloom every year on your
anniversary.
Good Luck & hope your back gets better.
Cheers Wendy

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Wonder if our gal is married yet? 5:35 EDT here. Probably not yet.
Everyone have a toast for Kathy!

Diana

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Very nice, Kathy.

We have just had bluestone paving laid down. Not quite finished but it
is looking great.
~John

. ..

Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Okie dokie & not sure if you have my real addy

Old 02-07-2008, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

My Best to you too Kath.
Wendy this is marvelous.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:17:02 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Congratulations to you & yours Kathy, now white catts open at my house so
hope this Epiphyllum will suffice.
If you would like a leaf cutting, will bloom every year on your anniversary.
Good Luck & hope your back gets better.
Cheers Wendy

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Wonder if our gal is married yet? 5:35 EDT here. Probably not yet.
Everyone have a toast for Kathy!

Diana

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Very nice, Kathy.

We have just had bluestone paving laid down. Not quite finished but it
is looking great.
~John

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Those who may rememebr here's the before and after of the patio project,
tomorrow's the big day. The smoke from the CA fires have ruined the
view of the valley, so we'll have to come up with 'plan b' for the
ceremony site. But the yard is as done as its gonna get.

Boy is my back killing me. Thats 3000lbs of flagstone, and 4000 lbs of
rocks.... First pic is June 6 (I think) second pic is today. Caterers
are coming to start setting up tables/umbrellas in a few minutes.

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Rate This Thread: