Old 28-06-2008, 12:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Brassidium Longlen - Brassidium Longlen 'Bill Switzen' A.JPG [01/01]

Hi, all,

I got this Brassidium about five years ago in the raffle at our Society
meeting. It's bloomed a couple of times each year since then. I can't tell if
it is fragrent. Still, nice to look at.

Chris in Central Florida
(Remove not from address to reply directly.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brassidium Longlen 'Bill Switzen' A.JPG (109.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Brassidium Longlen 1.JPG (30.7 KB, 80 views)
Old 28-06-2008, 01:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Pretty, Chris! We have scaled back on Brassias and their cousins somewhat,
so I enjoy looking at others' plants of the genus. Our high light conditions
don't seem to be kind to them.

Diana

g.com...

Old 28-06-2008, 04:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

How much more high light can you get than in Florida? Most of my plants are
under 50 % shade cloth.

Chris

In article , "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
Pretty, Chris! We have scaled back on Brassias and their cousins somewhat,
so I enjoy looking at others' plants of the genus. Our high light conditions
don't seem to be kind to them.

Diana

ng.com...

-

Old 28-06-2008, 11:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I am in Florida, in Port St. Lucie. East coast, about 30 minutes north of
West Palm.

We grow under screen, the type used for pool cages. That's where we started
growing them, around the pool, about 8 years ago. We added on to that as far
as we could go given the property lines. Part of the exposure is western, so
afternoons can be pretty hard on some of the thin leafed stuff.

We could probably make some accomodation for more Brassias. But we're big
into Catts, Dends and an assortment of other stuff. Phals live under cover
on the patio, along with some Paphs in another area of the patio that gets
brighter light. There are some other low light loving orchids with the
Phals. We are loaded with Vandaceous, around the pool where the light is
highest.

Our Epis and Encyclias, even the ones with thin leaves, are very happy where
the Brassias pout. Waddayagonnado?

Orchids. Gotcha coming and going!

wrote:
Pretty, Chris! We have scaled back on Brassias and their cousins somewhat,
so I enjoy looking at others' plants of the genus. Our high light
conditions
don't seem to be kind to them.

Diana

ing.com...

Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Diana -
I hung my Brassias just north of the Ascda and just made sure they
were fertilized well. They did fine - just a little light on the
green tone, but the blooms and pbulbs were great.
SuE

http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids