Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Happy Birthday Gary!!!

Birthday wishes from
Cattleya leopoldii x loddigesii coerulea 'Blue Sky'
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Happy Birthday Gary!!!-c-leopoldii-x-loddigesii-coerulea1090-02280.jpg
Old 02-07-2008, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Oh, Wendy, what a cross!! Spotties and me - well, you know. How on earth did
you know it was Gary's birthday? And what an appropriate plant name for him,
of all people.

Have a good one, Gary!

Diana

Old 02-07-2008, 02:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wow, that is beautiful! Yes the spots do look better on the flower than on
the skin or in front of the eyes. You know, it's just another day on the
calender and another few hundred dollars spent on an orchid splurge and
dinner. I don't get to do too many of those evening dinner things any more.
When you fall asleep before the entree you know it's time to throw in the
towel.
Anyway, thanks for remembering. Wherever did you get that plant? And what
does Diana mean the name especially suited me? No offense taken. I just
didn't catch the connection
Gary
..

Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Gary & hope you don't feel any older & kudos to your wife for getting
you out for dinner.
Not sure what Diana meant, maybe she was thinking of someone else????
Would you believe this was on the $7.50 table at Santa Barbara Orchid
Estates last year.
Cheers Wendy
. ..
.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi, Gary,

Cattleya leopoldii x loddigesii coerulea 'Blue Sky'

What I meant was the 'coerulea' in the name, as you use it in your moniker.

Diana

. ..

Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Gottcha. That does fit as well as the fact that I love that plant. I have a
C leopoldii "mendenhall' just coming into bloom and showing color. It's
going to be great too, I hope.
Gary

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Hi, Gary,

Cattleya leopoldii x loddigesii coerulea 'Blue Sky'

What I meant was the 'coerulea' in the name, as you use it in your
moniker.

Diana

. ..

Old 03-07-2008, 05:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I saw that one and passed it by! [kicking self]

Old 05-07-2008, 04:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

My spotty is now named Cattleya Patrocinii

http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay...ate=2008-07-05
"Wendy7" wrote in message
Birthday wishes from
Cattleya leopoldii x loddigesii coerulea 'Blue Sky'
Cheers Wendy

Rate This Thread: