GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/176514-paph-fumimasa-sugiyama.html)

K Barrett 02-07-2008 05:22 AM

Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama

1 Attachment(s)
Not the most wonderful exemplar of the hybrid but a complete surprise in the
GH. Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama is platyphyllum x sanderianum. From what I
understand the Paph Sander's Prides that were made with stonei 'Ruth
Kennedy' are actually Fumimasa Sugiyama becasue 'Ruth Kennedy' is
platyphyllum....now that I typed all *that* I used OW to find out Kew
doesn't accept platyphyllum, they still have it as stonei...

So here's Paph Sander's Pride. Not the best exemplar of the hybrid but a
complete surprise in the GH.

K Barrett

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 02-07-2008 08:32 PM

Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama

Easy for you to say........

Neat flower, even if you say it's not the best of the rest.

Diana

. ..

wendy7 02-07-2008 11:40 PM

Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama

Very nice Kathy, love the ribbons. Is this the type of paph that likes a
cool period to initiate spikes?
Cheers Wendy

. ..

K Barrett 03-07-2008 04:16 PM

Paph Fumimasa Sugiyama

I have no idea, Wendy! I hadn't watered the GH for about 2 months becasue I
was working on the house. When I did go out to water the other day, blammo,
there it was. I had moved it into lower light becasue I moved a friend's
collection into my GH and now have plants crammed everywhere. I didn't heat
the GH too high either. So maybe yourre right.

K Barrett
"Wendy7" wrote in message
Very nice Kathy, love the ribbons. Is this the type of paph that likes a
cool period to initiate spikes?
Cheers Wendy

. ..