GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Happy Fourth of July (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/176574-happy-fourth-july.html)

wendy7 04-07-2008 06:13 AM

Happy Fourth of July

1 Attachment(s)
Happy 4th of July everyone.

I finally got the correct colour on my Laelia Pacavia

Cheers Wendy

V_coerulea 04-07-2008 12:55 PM

Happy Fourth of July

Great picture, Wendy. Do you have a secret for developing so many leads in a
pot? Is it just age, or do you make those secret slices on the bottom of the
rhizome when repotting?
Gary

wendy7 04-07-2008 04:09 PM

Happy Fourth of July

*G* I wished! The only secret is everyone should have a Laelia Pacavia
(Laelia purpurata x Laelia tenebrosa)
About the only prolific multiple pseudo spiker orchid that I own!
Have a great day.
Cheers Wendy

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 04-07-2008 07:45 PM

Happy Fourth of July

Just gotta keep teasing me with that one, eh, Wendy? Guess I'll need to get
one! Happy 4th back at you.

Diana

mychizzz 05-07-2008 12:21 AM

Hi,

I saw your photo and liked the orchid that you've got there. My mom loves orchids and I'm thinking of giving here the one you have.

I am new here and maybe I'll post pictures soon.

- c h i z

tbell 05-07-2008 02:33 AM

Happy Fourth of July

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:13:24 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Happy 4th of July everyone.

I finally got the correct colour on my Laelia Pacavia

Cheers Wendy

That's an amazing color difference!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

wendy7 05-07-2008 04:22 PM

Happy Fourth of July

Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter &
more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour. They
are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

K Barrett 05-07-2008 05:18 PM

Happy Fourth of July

http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay...ate=2008-07-05

Here's Wendy's blue lipped one and further down is their Pacavia

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter &
more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

K Barrett 05-07-2008 05:22 PM

Happy Fourth of July

Ooh! Whites! This one's not bad either.. I gotta stop looking, I feel my
temperature rising...
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay.php?ocode=CCA2220

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter &
more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

wendy7 05-07-2008 08:43 PM

Happy Fourth of July

Well Kathy, I have figured a way to compensate or calm my urges. I signed up
a few years ago at sborchids
& they send me one of these pictures every day!!!!
It's kinda like reverse psychology.
Cheers Wendy

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Ooh! Whites! This one's not bad either.. I gotta stop looking, I feel my
temperature rising...
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay.php?ocode=CCA2220

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter
& more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

K Barrett 06-07-2008 12:36 AM

Happy Fourth of July

Yeah, I'm signed up for that 'orchid a day' feature, too. I love it. I
even went so far as to suggest the students at trhe CSNJC sign up for it
too. I mean how often do you get to see odd ball orchids as well as those
in a similar vein all on one page?

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Well Kathy, I have figured a way to compensate or calm my urges. I signed
up a few years ago at sborchids
& they send me one of these pictures every day!!!!
It's kinda like reverse psychology.
Cheers Wendy

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Ooh! Whites! This one's not bad either.. I gotta stop looking, I feel
my temperature rising...
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay.php?ocode=CCA2220

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter
& more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...