Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Happy Fourth of July

Happy 4th of July everyone.

I finally got the correct colour on my Laelia Pacavia

Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Happy Fourth of July-laelia-pacavia-2005a-dsc02285.jpg
Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Great picture, Wendy. Do you have a secret for developing so many leads in a
pot? Is it just age, or do you make those secret slices on the bottom of the
rhizome when repotting?
Gary

Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

*G* I wished! The only secret is everyone should have a Laelia Pacavia
(Laelia purpurata x Laelia tenebrosa)
About the only prolific multiple pseudo spiker orchid that I own!
Have a great day.
Cheers Wendy

Old 05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Registered User

Hi,

I saw your photo and liked the orchid that you've got there. My mom loves orchids and I'm thinking of giving here the one you have.

I am new here and maybe I'll post pictures soon.

- c h i z

Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:13:24 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Happy 4th of July everyone.

I finally got the correct colour on my Laelia Pacavia

Cheers Wendy

That's an amazing color difference!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 05-07-2008, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter &
more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour. They
are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

Old 05-07-2008, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ooh! Whites! This one's not bad either.. I gotta stop looking, I feel my
temperature rising...
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay.php?ocode=CCA2220

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter &
more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well Kathy, I have figured a way to compensate or calm my urges. I signed up
a few years ago at sborchids
& they send me one of these pictures every day!!!!
It's kinda like reverse psychology.
Cheers Wendy

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Ooh! Whites! This one's not bad either.. I gotta stop looking, I feel my
temperature rising...
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay.php?ocode=CCA2220

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter
& more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

Old 06-07-2008, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yeah, I'm signed up for that 'orchid a day' feature, too. I love it. I
even went so far as to suggest the students at trhe CSNJC sign up for it
too. I mean how often do you get to see odd ball orchids as well as those
in a similar vein all on one page?

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Well Kathy, I have figured a way to compensate or calm my urges. I signed
up a few years ago at sborchids
& they send me one of these pictures every day!!!!
It's kinda like reverse psychology.
Cheers Wendy

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Ooh! Whites! This one's not bad either.. I gotta stop looking, I feel
my temperature rising...
http://www.sborchid.com/plantdisplay.php?ocode=CCA2220

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes Tom, This one actually changes colour with the light. It is lighter
& more on the mauve side when
in the greenhouse. I recall you saying yours was more salmon in colour.
They are amazing.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:13:24 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Happy 4th of July everyone.

I finally got the correct colour on my Laelia Pacavia

Cheers Wendy

That's an amazing color difference!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA