Old 04-07-2008, 04:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Test and ID needed

I had lost newgroup access until I read the thread about motzarella.org via
the Google new reader. Thanks for posting the alternative!
I rescued this Cattleya something-or-other from the workplace, divided it,
and repotted in Aussie Gold. The results are obvious in the attached photo.
The two flowers emerged from the new growth with no sheath. It has a nice
light perfume by mid-morning
Any assistance in the id of this would be appreciated.
Happy Growing,
Eric

Attached Thumbnails
Test and ID needed-needsid.jpg

Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Eric Schecter wrote:
I had lost newgroup access until I read the thread about motzarella.org via
the Google new reader. Thanks for posting the alternative!
I rescued this Cattleya something-or-other from the workplace, divided it,
and repotted in Aussie Gold. The results are obvious in the attached photo.
The two flowers emerged from the new growth with no sheath. It has a nice
light perfume by mid-morning
Any assistance in the id of this would be appreciated.
Happy Growing,
Eric

I got kind of excited when your picture popped up. (It IS a very nice
picture.) Then I read that you posted it via motzarella. I think you
will find that you (and the rest of us using motzarella) will only be
able to view pictures from other motzarella users.
I couldn't see the picture that Wendy must have posted under the Happy
Fourth of July heading.

Steve
Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"Steve" wrote in message
Eric Schecter wrote:
[...]

There is a newsgroup called alt.binaries.news-server-comparison where they
are talking about other carriers, too

Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..

"Steve" wrote in message
Eric Schecter wrote:
[...]

Or from motzarella's top 1000 page there are these:
1 usenetserver.com 32.527
2 giganews.com 29.861
3 eweka.nl 18.728
4 xsnews.nl 15.847
5 newshosting.com 15.765
6 news-service.com 14.836
7 google.com 10.929
8 astraweb.com 10.880
9 glorb.com 9.724
10 erje.net 9.412

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"K Barrett" wrote in message
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..

"Steve" wrote in message
Eric Schecter wrote:
[...]

And my mystery group also mentioned http://www.teranews.com/ but i don't
know if they have binaries access.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks for the observation Steve. Now, that is interesting that only select
users can see the picture. You would think that the news readers and servers
would be "agnostic" as to the original source, but apparently not. I was
thinking of the Tera News service, but will hold off for a bit.
I see a lot or posts, but not the original ones in older posts on this
server.

Eric

Old 04-07-2008, 07:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Faz Faz is offline

This may not be happening in Canada as Wendy's 4th of July came through fine
up here in British Columbia.
Regards....Chuck.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
"K Barrett" wrote in message
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
"Steve" wrote in message
Eric Schecter wrote:
[...]

I used teranews years ago. When cable internet was first becoming
available, I was using Adelphia Cable. They didn't offer ABPO. I found
teranews and viewed ABPO from there. I didn't love it. I was constantly
asking people to repost a picture because half of them never showed up.
The other problem was that it, somehow, took over the other news servers
I was using. If I posted to RGO using the Adelphia server, the headers
showed me posting from teranews. I would change my settings but as soon
as I checked ABPO, teranews did it again.
Eventually, I contacted Adelphia and asked them to include ABPO and they
did. Adelphia used Giganews servers and that was really good while it
lasted.
I've been wondering if we could contact motzarella and see if they are
able (and willing) to let ABPO pictures from other sources onto their
server.

Steve

Old 04-07-2008, 08:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I'm pretty sure they are allowing pictures from their registered members
onto their server but are blocking incoming messages (with pictures
attached) from outside.
I am assuming that our pictures are leaving the server so that anyone
can see what we post. The rest of you HAVE been able to see pictures
from Ray, Eric, and me.... right? Anyone?

Steve

Old 04-07-2008, 08:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ray was able to see the pictures I posted yesterday, and he's on Parmesan,
or whatever we're discussing here. (Only kidding!)

Diana

news5tbk.51133$kx.40130@pd7urf3no...

Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know it's a darn near impossible task to get an
ID, but you never know...
in any event it makes for a nice plant, and the division has taken off well.
I swear by that Aussie Gold media for both indoors and out, at least it
works for me in this climate (inland San Diego county).
Eric
disclaimer: I have no affiliation, etc etc.
. ..