Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default My collection

Looking back through my photos, I thought to share this early morning shot
of my indoor collectin from this April. Mostly phals and my favorite, the
Lc. Casitas Springs (from Aloha Orhids). I will be dividing and doing a
re-pot this weekend. Most of the phals are now doing the new leaf thing. The
Epidendrum is putting out a new growth, and the spike is fading fast.
Happy growing,
Eric

Attached Thumbnails
My collection-dsc_5518.jpg

Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Eric Schecter wrote:
Looking back through my photos, I thought to share this early morning shot
of my indoor collectin from this April. Mostly phals and my favorite, the
Lc. Casitas Springs (from Aloha Orhids). I will be dividing and doing a
re-pot this weekend. Most of the phals are now doing the new leaf thing. The
Epidendrum is putting out a new growth, and the spike is fading fast.
Happy growing,
Eric

Very beautiful but I have a question....
That leaf in the far upper right... what is it and what happened to it?
Do you own a cat? ;-)

Steve

Old 05-07-2008, 06:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very keen observation there Steve. Yes, it has feline lacerations. I usually
take the little buggers (all three) outside to let them munch grass, but
sometimes they go into attack mode.
Eric

Old 06-07-2008, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I have maybe 20 plants or so. I rotate them between indoors and out,
depending on season, and what's in bloom. It was a good year for the Phals,
and even had a few of the stick mounted species perform. I'd say 90% of the
plants were given to me by my neighbor after their blooms expired at her
medical practice. Better the plants than the patients!
Eric
"v_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
How many plants do you own? If this is it you must be doing some sort of
magic. I'd love to have this percent of my orchids in bloom at any one
time!
Very nice..
Gary

"Eric Schecter" wrote in message
Looking back through my photos, I thought to share this early morning
shot of my indoor collectin from this April. Mostly phals and my
favorite, the Lc. Casitas Springs (from Aloha Orhids). I will be dividing
and doing a re-pot this weekend. Most of the phals are now doing the new
leaf thing. The Epidendrum is putting out a new growth, and the spike is
fading fast.
Happy growing,
Eric

Rate This Thread: