Old 09-07-2008, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Oddity!

Anyone know what this is? The photo appeared in yesterday's local paper. I
tracked down the photographer and asked her to send it to me so I could post
it here. She does not grow orchids, and someone told her the little *balls
on strings* were spider eggs.

Diana

Attached Thumbnails
Oddity!-strange-vanda.jpg

Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Neither have I. Maybe I'll Google spider reproduction. Somehow that doesn't
seem right to me. They are too perfectly aligned. It's a real shot, though,
no Photo Shopping here. I think I'll send the pic to Al & Ray so they can
discuss it too.

Diana

. ..

Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:32:30 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Anyone know what this is? The photo appeared in yesterday's local paper. I
tracked down the photographer and asked her to send it to me so I could post
it here. She does not grow orchids, and someone told her the little *balls
on strings* were spider eggs.

Diana

Butterfly eggs of some sort Diana.

Dave
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Old 10-07-2008, 02:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Al replied as well. He thinks this was discussed on rgo and/or abpo in the
past, but he can't recall what it was.

What I find strangest about it is the perfect symmetry. Nature is something
else!

Diana

Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Another email from Al, with a link. This looks right.

Green lacewing eggs

http://woodypest.ifas.ufl.edu/224.htm

These are predator insects. Good things. They eat aphids, but maybe other
small plant sucking insects too.

Think he's nailed it?

Diana

http://woodypest.ifas.ufl.edu:80/224.htm

Diana

.. .

Old 10-07-2008, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Steve, type out your email addie and I'll send you the photo. It really is
an interesting thing to see.

Diana

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Neither have I. Maybe I'll Google spider reproduction. Somehow that
doesn't seem right to me. They are too perfectly aligned. It's a real
shot, though, no Photo Shopping here. I think I'll send the pic to Al &
Ray so they can discuss it too.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Wow! I've never seen anything like that!

K Barrett
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Anyone know what this is? The photo appeared in yesterday's local
paper. I tracked down the photographer and asked her to send it to me
so I could post it here. She does not grow orchids, and someone told
her the little *balls on strings* were spider eggs.

Diana

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

B&S 5 hp pull clutch replacement oddity MrMoto Lawns 1 21-02-2009 01:29 AM
Another S. African oddity -- Larryleachia? Malcolm Manners Plant Science 1 17-10-2005 01:17 PM
Shubunkin Oddity George Ponds 5 19-04-2005 12:34 AM
magpie oddity? dunno never seen this before len gardener Australia 11 27-10-2004 01:40 AM
An Oddity Iris Cohen Plant Science 8 26-04-2003 02:28 PM