GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/176754-blc-firecracker-put-your-shades.html)

wendy7 11-07-2008 03:51 AM

Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!

1 Attachment(s)
Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)

tbell 11-07-2008 06:34 AM

Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:51:03 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)

Yowsah! I could use one of those (It's the scorpio in me).

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

V_coerulea 11-07-2008 01:58 PM

Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!

I have a Doritis Firecracker with the same fluorescent coloration. But
smaller flowers are easy to take. This one can knock you over with one
glance. Thanks for the opportunity to feel young again.
Gary

wendy7 11-07-2008 09:49 PM

Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!

Glad you like it, in its day, not sure of it's background but it must have
been a show stealer!
The plant was what I call a struggling artist back in '99 & it's owner sold
his home along with the
g/h & the young kid that bought the house knew nothing about orchids & too
busy so he sold them all!
Incidentally, in case you worry about being too old with not enough time,
old Henri was 91 & still going
to orchid & Tillandsia meetings.
Cheers Wendy (And now you know the rest of the story)

.com...

Trackerway 13-07-2008 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendy7 (Post 803245)
Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)

Beautiful! That color is breathtaking. Thank you for sharing it.