Old 12-07-2008, 04:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Just to test.

Diana asked if I can still get abpo. I'm off to SB tomorrow so you'll have
to make do with this: Macroclinium lexarzanum Sometimes I take a digital
picture of an orchid in for judging just so I can see how the colors will
show in a picture...if that makes sense to you. Its a trick I learned from
Michael Gallagher. Anyway.....

This one we were trying to decide if a quality award as well as a cultural
award was justified. I thought the color was good enough for a quality.
The others on the team disagreed. It only got a CCE of 90 points.
Macroclinium lexarzanum...... here's the link to the almost award photo.
http://www.csnjc.org/July2008/macroc...exarzanum.html See if you think
the color is better than the previous award. Remember you have to take the
quality of the other award photos (and the subsequent scans) into account.
As well as my pic's quality, LOL!!

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
Just to test.-dsc00145.jpg
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Your colour looks nicer but the pic is more defined because its a close up.
I tried to take both pics & put them side by side adjusting the other image.
(no patience)
Please don't tell me they pay someone to actually count the flowers? eh? *G*
Have a lovely time in SB, wish I could go.
Cheers Wendy

Old 17-07-2008, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Boy you got that right. I htink it cost $120 in gas to get down there and
then to come away disappointed... grrrr. Well it won't keep me away.
Addiction is like that (rehab, no, no, nooooo)

That said at over $130 per barrell the oil fields in San Ardo and Bradley
were pumping away. I haven;t seen them operate since I graduated college in
'1975.

K Barrett

"v_coerulea2" wrote in message

Very nice picture, K. I agree with Wendy about the perspective-distance
thing. If I had to make a decision I think I'd line up in your court.
Hope you kept your main credit card at home on the trip to SB or you
may have to turn down some of those judging requests due to that second
job.
Gary

...-

http://tinyurl.com/598gue See if you think

-

--
v_coerulea2

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Just a test d Bonsai 1 25-06-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] Just a test Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-06-2003 08:44 PM
just a test, please ignore tcomeau sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM
Test test Al Zymer United Kingdom 1 14-03-2003 08:44 PM
Just a test Jerrymander United Kingdom 0 11-01-2003 05:40 PM