GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Given to me as "Lady of the Evening" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/177112-given-me-lady-evening.html)

west[_2_] 22-07-2008 03:32 AM

Given to me as "Lady of the Evening"

1 Attachment(s)

wendy7 22-07-2008 07:06 AM

Given to me as "Lady of the Evening"

Very nice & your orchid is Brassavola nodosa
Cheers Wendy

west[_2_] 22-07-2008 02:39 PM

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice & your orchid is Brassavola nodosa
Cheers Wendy

Thanks!

wendy7 22-07-2008 04:26 PM

Given to me as "Lady of the Evening"

West, You may notice how quiet it is here now.
I might mention just in case you haven't read any of the threads discussing
the ISP's pulling the plugs on alt.binaries groups, most everyone meets at
rec.gardens.orchids where we chat & post links to photos.
Cheers Wendy

"west" wrote in message
Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice & your orchid is Brassavola nodosa
Cheers Wendy
"west" wrote in message

Thanks!

v_coerulea2 22-07-2008 04:44 PM

Lady of the evening is a discriptive name for Brassavola nodosa due to the fragrance it emites at night. Most of the other Brassavolas do too but they're no where near as common as nodosa. It easiest to grow mounted on something like bark or tree fern because it's very easy to rot off by overwatering in a pot and because the flowers are displayed better when held up a bit due to their floppy nature. Good gardening.
Gary

Faz[_2_] 22-07-2008 08:26 PM

Given to me as "Lady of the Evening"

Wonderful looking orcid....never ceases to amaze me how some people can keep
such great looking orchids....

Chuck.