Old 24-07-2008, 10:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Tolumnia Tree.

Yes this is my Tolumnia tree.
The story goes. . . . . . they were failing in my greenhouse & found out
that they were magnets for mealie bugs & the fan was blowing them across
the bench onto other orchids!!!!

After testing some equitants on the patio for 2 summers & a winter, they
grew, bloomed &
no mealies? So I decided to use this decorative tree to hang them on.

The pic looks a little busy so will try for a different background.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Tolumnia Tree.-tolumnia-tree-dsc02328.jpg
Old 28-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy7 View Post
Yes this is my Tolumnia tree.
The story goes. . . . . . they were failing in my greenhouse & found out
that they were magnets for mealie bugs & the fan was blowing them across
the bench onto other orchids!!!!

After testing some equitants on the patio for 2 summers & a winter, they
grew, bloomed &
no mealies? So I decided to use this decorative tree to hang them on.

The pic looks a little busy so will try for a different background.
Cheers Wendy
Great idea, Wendy. Can you get them to bloom all at the same time too? What's with the empty pot near the bottom? Didn't you do some tillandsias like that at one time?
Gary
Old 28-07-2008, 06:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi there GAry, thanks for looking & commenting.
Re the bloom time of these puppies, not sure if they will all bloom at once?
The empty pot is waiting for an equitant that is in the sick bay!
Oh yes, may have a couple but a good idea to use these for the smaller
tillys as
I have a ton of both. wink & grin
Did you see your Bc. Island Charm in my next post?
I guess it is just you & I here now.
I sure wish Kye would help us as I am not keen on the photo album postings.
Anyway..... keep well.
Cheers Wendy

--
v_coerulea2

Old 30-07-2008, 04:47 AM
Registered User

Hi Wendy. I haven't gotten used to posting on this site but I'll get around to it soon. Not too many others posting here, you're right. Kye did post a note on rec.orchids stating his intent. Don't know if you read it. Anyway Diana and Kathy seem to be posting to keep that idea alive. Maybe it will until Kye gets out from under the pressure at his work to try to pull us back together. Keep the good pics rolling.
Gary

Wendy7;806048 Wrote:
[...]

[/quote]

Rate This Thread: