Old 08-08-2008, 08:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Thanks to New York's Attorney General

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:06:39 -0700 in Wendy7 wrote:

You're getting your USENET via servers provided by Cox Communications.
Cox, bless their souls, is still largely a broadcasting a newspaper company.
They also have agreements concerning distributing TVs and movies.

The companies that pulled or curtailed USENET claiming
complying with Cuomo are
Time Warner
Verizon
Sprint
Comcast

AT&T has also recently pulled service.

Time Warner and Comcast both have interests in TV and movie studios.
A LOT of the traffic in the binaries newsgroups are
TV shows and movies distributed in violation of the license issued by
the copyright owners.
Time Warner owns a record label. A smaller, but significant chunk
of traffic in the binaries newsgroups is unauthorized distribution
of music (Nevermind RIAA finally admitted that pirated music
is the best advertising they didn't have to pay for).

Verizon and AT&T are currently under some pretty nasty negotiations
to distribute TV and movies. The folks that own the copyrights on
the TV shows and Movies think they can get much better profit it
the create an artificial scarcity of the resource.

Sprint, well, Sprint just has problems.

It is in their interest to stop this traffic.
So, when Cuomo gave them an excuse that's even good for murder
by an angry mob, they jumped on it.

They could have taken the polite approach of only getting rid of
the newsgroups that have unauthorized content. This tactic was
tried by Universities in the 90s to combat porn. This just lead
to porn in non-porn newsgroups and the creation of tools such as
cleanfeed to discard articles containing binaries.

If you want to blame anyone, first start with yourself.
What have you done to discourage the mob mentality that led to
a pediatrician in the UK being assaulted by an illiterate mob
that thought pediatrician meant pedophile?
What have you done to pressure your elected representatives to
require a separation between content providers and content carriers?
What have you done to pressure the DoJ to start antitrust proceedings
against media giants like Time Warner, Fox Broadcasting, and Comcast?

Right now you're seeing the fallout from removing large
components from a network. The fellow that runs
motzarella.org as a hobby currently lacks any peers that
can provide binaries, however those peers are okay with
distributing the binaries from motzarella.org to their peers.
It will improve as time goes by.
Some of it will be dropping the old ways and embracing new
ways that consume fewer resources.
Some of it will be waiting for the network to work out
the snarls.

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."
Old 08-08-2008, 08:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 05:03:46 GMT in BIO-Dex Consulting wrote:
Linux... I meant Linux... ooops

that would be me, and I'm a former newadmin to boot.

Reply to the email address in the From: line, unless you use gmail.
They are presently 100% blocked as they were the source of 95%
of the spam I've been receiving.

Also talk with Ray Banana of Motzarella.org. He uses *BSD, but he
does have a registration and auth mechanism setup.

Yours Sincerely

Kye Tanson
---
BIO-Dex Consulting

"BIO-Dex Consulting" wrote in message
We have the server running and functional, but we have run into an issue
with authentication.

Hopefully we will figure out how to get around it soon unless there is a
Linus Guru on the list somewhere who wants to offer some assistance....

Yours Sincerely

Kye Tanson
---
BIO-Dex Consulting

"Ray B" wrote in message
I'm waiting to see what Kye is up to before I commit to a pay-as-you-go
service. (I'm sure that what he's doing can be such a pain, I wouldn't
blame him if he decided not to go through with his "private server")

"Steve" wrote in message

I have Time Warner Cable and they dropped newsgroups completely, not
just the binary groups. I'm sure there are people out there that don't
realize they can find other news servers to use when their ISP stops
providing newsgroups.

Steve

K Barrett wrote:
Even text traffic at the mystery site has reduced.

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Odd Steve? I just got to thinking that how come my other binary news
groups are still
working as usual? Something strange going on no?
Cheers Wendy
"Steve" wrote in message
Dusty wrote:
ABPO now seems to be a porn sight

Hot teen girls caught nude in tanning bed now how sick is that?
Well, that has happened before over the years.

My question is this: How on earth did Motzarella manage to let that
picture through while at the same time, not letting me see any orchid
pictures unless they were posted by a fellow Motzarella user? I
checked the headers and it appears that it arrived here via GigaNews.

Steve

Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 19:32:45 +0000 (UTC) in wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 05:03:46 GMT in BIO-Dex Consulting wrote:
Linux... I meant Linux... ooops

that would be me, and I'm a former newadmin to boot.

Reply to the email address in the From: line, unless you use gmail.
They are presently 100% blocked as they were the source of 95%
of the spam I've been receiving.

Oops,
remove 'usenet.' before replying.

"Ray B" wrote in message
I'm waiting to see what Kye is up to before I commit to a pay-as-you-go
service. (I'm sure that what he's doing can be such a pain, I wouldn't
blame him if he decided not to go through with his "private server")

--

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids -
www.firstrays.com

Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Pakrat,

Sent you a message, feel free to contact me if it doesnt make it through

Yours Sincerely

Kye Tanson
---
BIO-Dex Consulting

Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Pakrat,

Tried replying to both addresses, just checking if any of them getting
through to you after the last attempt?

Yours Sincerely

Kye Tanson
---
BIO-Dex Consulting
www.biodex.com.au

"Steve" wrote in message
Dusty wrote:
ABPO now seems to be a porn sight

Hot teen girls caught nude in tanning bed now how sick is that?
Well, that has happened before over the years.

My question is this: How on earth did Motzarella manage to let
that
picture through while at the same time, not letting me see any
orchid
pictures unless they were posted by a fellow Motzarella user? I
checked the headers and it appears that it arrived here via
GigaNews.

Steve

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."
-- G. K. Chesterton.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

APBO gone Thanks to New York's Attorney General Dusty Orchids 4 05-08-2008 01:26 AM
Registered Republican, US attorney, pedophile -- had a string of over 180 little girls on his site Sanders Kaufman Ponds 0 24-09-2007 08:37 AM
A general thanks to the group. Zod Ponds 1 08-02-2006 04:40 AM
Roses and New York City Raulman Roses 1 29-01-2003 03:41 PM
Old-Growth "War of Words" in New York Times Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 20-12-2002 02:50 PM