GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID Help. - C. Bactia 'Grape Wah' a (Small).JPG [01/01] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/177651-id-help-c-bactia-grape-wah-small-jpg-%5B01-01%5D.html)

Chris Savas 07-08-2008 11:17 PM

ID Help. - C. Bactia 'Grape Wah' a (Small).JPG [01/01]

Hi, all,

I got this plant at the local orchid society raffle table. This is the first
time that it bloomed from me...nice, too. My problem is poor hand writing on
the tag. I can't make it out definately.

C. Bactia 'Grape Wax'

C. Bactia 'Grape Wah'

C. Bartia 'Grape Wax'

C. Bartia 'Grape Wah'

Thanks for any help.

Chris in Central Florida

(Remove not from the address to respond directly.)

wendy7 08-08-2008 01:21 AM

ID Help. - C. Bactia 'Grape Wah' a (Small).JPG [01/01]

She is lovely Chris, yes I am still here. Definitely Bactia & would guess
it's 'Grape Wax'
I have C. Bactia 'Fireball'
Cheers Wendy

ng.com...

Chris Savas 08-08-2008 02:13 PM

ID Help. - C. Bactia 'Grape Wah' a (Small).JPG [01/01]

Thanks to you both.

Chris in Central Florida

Chris Savas 18-08-2008 12:54 AM

ID Help. - C. Bactia 'Grape Wah' a (Small).JPG [01/01]

I entered the Bactia this weekend in the Platinum Coast Orchid Society show in
Cocoa, Fl. It got a 2nd place ribbon, but what's rotten about the entry is
that it's been reclassified. It's a CTT for Cattlianthe. I wish someone
would give those taxonomists something to do.

Chris in Central Florida

(remove not from address to respond directly.)

In article , "Wendy7"
wrote:
She is lovely Chris, yes I am still here. Definitely Bactia & would guess
it's 'Grape Wax'
I have C. Bactia 'Fireball'
Cheers Wendy

ing.com...

K Barrett 18-08-2008 01:06 AM

ID Help. - C. Bactia 'Grape Wah' a (Small).JPG [01/01]

And it will remain as such. I refer you to Dressler's separation of
Guarianthe from Cattleya, which seems to be undisputed.

K Barrett

g.com...

wrote:
She is lovely Chris, yes I am still here. Definitely Bactia & would
guess
it's 'Grape Wax'
I have C. Bactia 'Fireball'
Cheers Wendy