GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stanhopea inodora (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/178685-stanhopea-inodora.html)

wendy7 18-09-2008 12:53 AM

Stanhopea inodora

1 Attachment(s)
Stanhopea inodora Alba

The fragrance is a knockout literally! This one also growing outside here
in S.Calif.

Cheers Wendy

tbell 19-09-2008 12:00 AM

Stanhopea inodora

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:53:54 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Stanhopea inodora Alba

The fragrance is a knockout literally! This one also growing outside here
in S.Calif.

Cheers Wendy

Two lovelies, Ms. Wendy. The only things growing outside for me are a huge
Kingianum and a Masdevallia.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

wendy7 19-09-2008 03:59 AM

Stanhopea inodora

That's a very interesting combo Tom. I always thought Masde's were cool
growers while Kingianum were warm
growers.
Cheers Wendy
.com...

tbell 19-09-2008 11:01 PM

Stanhopea inodora

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:59:45 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

I'm a little amazed myself, given our very hot summers ( 100š) and winters
down to the 30s and even 20s, but Kathy Barrett suggested where I might put
the masd (no, not there!), and Wilford Neptune exhorted me to leave the
Kingianum outside year round to encourage bloom, and they've both been doing
very well.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

That's a very interesting combo Tom. I always thought Masde's were cool
growers while Kingianum were warm
growers.
Cheers Wendy
.com...