Old 21-09-2008, 05:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paph Delrosi

First, a short story. When I bought this plant, it was supposed to be a
2 growth plant. When I got it, it seemed to actually be two single
growth plants. They were only connected because their roots were tangled.
I got them apart and potted up each in its own pot. I wondered if they
had once been the same plant or if there were 2 different seedlings.
The first one bloomed about a year and a half ago. The second one is in
bloom now. I am now convinced that they are the exact same plant. The
flowers are identical. The other bit of evidence is that they both did
the same odd thing when they bloomed. They first put up a single flower
with nearly no stem and that one flower was flattened and deformed. you
can see the short stem in these pictures, right next to the flowering
spike. The only stem the first flower had was the part that would have
turned into the seed capsule, if it had been pollinated.
As soon as that first flower faded, a second spike emerged from the same
growth and had normal flowers, as seen in these pictures.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Paph Delrosi-paphdelrosi-1.jpg   Paph Delrosi-paphdelrosi.jpg
Old 21-09-2008, 04:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very nice Steve, a true clone indeed.
Cheers Wendy
"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Paph. Psyche x Paph Macabre Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchid Photos 2 20-05-2008 09:27 PM
Paph Margaret Crandall(Paph Vanguard 'Knob Creek' X moquetteanum) v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2008 11:32 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
Paph. Bellatulum molli Orchids 2 07-02-2003 02:25 AM
Paph problems Jbkkhawk Orchids 28 30-01-2003 11:49 PM