GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blc. Harlequin 'Clare' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/178827-blc-harlequin-clare.html)

Steve[_2_] 26-09-2008 05:04 AM

Blc. Harlequin 'Clare'

2 Attachment(s)

This isn't actually in bloom right now. It's on my mind because I gave a
division of this away tonight at our orchid meeting. I promised the guy
who took it home that I would send pictures of it in flower, and I did.

While I have the pictures where I can see them, I'll share them here.

I find it interesting because the first picture is how it blooms indoors
under my grow lights. The 2nd picture is how it looks when it blooms
outdoors in the summer.

No surprise about the color being more vivid but the shape changes a
little too. Mostly I noticed that all 3 sepals are wider and more
rounded rather than pointed. The lip is bigger and longer. If you own a
cloned plant that doesn't seem as nice as the original, ask yourself: is
this a cloning error or just growing conditions making a difference?

Steve

unknown[_1_] 28-09-2008 12:00 AM

Blc. Harlequin 'Clare'

ooh nice!

and i hear comcrap is cancelling newsgroups next month, so i may only
see y'all over on rgo via dejanews. (and yes, we just got the flyer
about their new rate *increase* today. gotta love the 'crap.)

--j_a

Steve[_2_] 28-09-2008 04:50 AM

Blc. Harlequin 'Clare'

unknown wrote:
ooh nice!

and i hear comcrap is cancelling newsgroups next month, so i may only
see y'all over on rgo via dejanews. (and yes, we just got the flyer
about their new rate *increase* today. gotta love the 'crap.)

--j_a

Don't you hate it? I'm not happy with Time Warner at all. I may go to
Verizon internet, even though it's no better. You know, just to protest
Time Warner.

Well, when you find yourself high and dry in the newsgroup world, why
don't you start using the free Motzarella? You can still post here and,
of course, RGO. You can even see the pictures posted by other Motzarella
users and some other pictures following some rule that I haven't yet
figured out.

That will keep you here and if Kye gets his system figured out, we can
all jump over there. :-)

Steve