Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Classic lines - howearalavaburstpuanani.jpg (1/1) [169K]

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200
Attached Thumbnails
Classic lines - howearalavaburstpuanani.jpg (1/1) [169K]-howearalavaburstpuanani.jpg
Old 07-10-2008, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Oh this is great Tom. What a lovely setting. You could have cards made out
of
this one or a nice framed photo.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 08-10-2008, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I think Wendy and Tom should both switch to using the Motzarella news
server. That way, the rest of us could still see your pictures. Besides,
your ISP will probably dump newsgroups the way the rest of ours did. You
might as well beat the rush. ;-)

Steve

Wendy7 wrote:
Oh this is great Tom. What a lovely setting. You could have cards made
out of
this one or a nice framed photo.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi there Steve,
I keep hoping & waiting that something magic will happen. I
so, hate change, but yes will
probably have to succumb to some other means
Cheers (diehard) Wendy
..

Wendy7 wrote:
Oh this is great Tom. What a lovely setting. You could have cards made
out of
this one or a nice framed photo.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 10-10-2008, 01:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:54:12 -0700, Steve wrote
(in article ):

Wendy7 wrote:
Oh this is great Tom. What a lovely setting. You could have cards made
out of
this one or a nice framed photo.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

I've never used my ISP for Usenet, because their coverage has always been
poor. I've been spoiled by using Giganews, which sounds to me a lot like
Motzarella in terms of cost and coverage, with a generous download allowance.
Don't understand why all posts to abpo would not be accessible through
Motzarella. Can you explain that to me?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

tbell wrote:

I've never used my ISP for Usenet, because their coverage has always been
poor. I've been spoiled by using Giganews, which sounds to me a lot like
Motzarella in terms of cost and coverage, with a generous download allowance.
Don't understand why all posts to abpo would not be accessible through
Motzarella. Can you explain that to me?

Yes, I think I can.
Tom, first of all, after I wrote what I did, I had the feeling that I
remembered you using Giganews.
Giganews and Motzarella are not alike in cost and coverage. I know
Giganews is probably the best. While Adelphia was still alive and well,
they provided free newsgroups through Giganews. I wish that could have
lasted forever.
Time warner took over Adelphia and, after a while, decided to drop
newsgroups completely. While I could easily pay for Giganews, it was
just expensive enough that I didn't feel I could justify the expense for
the amount of use it would get.
On the other hand, Motzarella is free. They supposedly don't do
binaries/pictures, yet they offer ABPO and allow posting of pictures
from there. Motzarella users can also see the pictures posted by other
Motzarella users. We also see a few other pictures but I haven't figured
out their rules for deciding which ones will come through.

Steve ... (Missing pictures from you and Wendy and missing all the other
people who are now gone because so many ISPs have killed newsgroups.)

Rate This Thread: