Old 13-10-2008, 03:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Retest

I've signed up for Motzarella, while still holding on to Giganews. A little
hard to tell from my newsreader which is which.
This should be a post to the former. Please let me know if it isn't, or if it
doesn't come through well

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 13-10-2008, 07:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

That's wonderful, I wasn't at all sure you would do it. :-)
If I were in your situation, I would hang onto Giganews too. I believe
that as long as newsgroups exist, Giganews will be there too. I'm not as
sure about Motzarella and who knows if they will continue to allow
pictures to be sent through their news server.
As long as it works though, if you remember to send out pictures on
Motzarella, everyone will see them. Then if you read posts with
Giganews, you should see all pictures no matter where they were sent from.

Steve :-)
PS I checked he headers just now and it appears the picture was send
via Motzarella and this next post of yours was send via Giganews.

Old 13-10-2008, 10:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I agree.

While I currently use Motzarella, I'm trying to hold out for Kye's server,
but am keeping the Giganews option as the backup.

I'm not sure how long I can wait....

Old 14-10-2008, 06:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

We are working on it. The only real issue for me launching it right now is
the high monthly costs of feeds.

I can make it work as a standalone server with no external links, but thats
not much good to anybody...

Yours Sincerely

Kye
---
BIO-Dex Consulting
www.biodex.com.au

Old 14-10-2008, 12:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Just how costly is it?

Even through I'd be willing to help offset the costs (won't I be doing that
via Giganews?), it seems to me that only having orchid subscribers - and
probably a limited number of them besides - is going to be a financial
burden on you.

Old 14-10-2008, 03:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Basically that is what it comes down to. Because I run a business hosting
websites and managing e-commerce stores I need to increase the number of
sites I host to be able to afford to absorb the cost of running the server.

Yours Sincerely

Kye Tanson
---
BIO-Dex Consulting
www.biodex.com.au

tbell wrote:
I've signed up for Motzarella, while still holding on to Giganews. A
little hard to tell from my newsreader which is which.
This should be a post to the former. Please let me know if it isn't,
or if it doesn't come through well

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200