Old 19-10-2008, 04:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Here goes nothing! Disa uniflora

I got a post through to rgo for the first time in 5 monmths, now let's
see if I can post here, too!

This is Disa uniflora, a yellow x orange cross givnign me nice peachy
tones. Second flower to open in this inflorescence in two months. Wonder
how long it'll bloom? Shouldn't be blooming now anyway, but I'll take it!

Attached Thumbnails
Here goes nothing! Disa uniflora-unifloraorangexyellow.jpg
Old 19-10-2008, 06:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Tennis!!!!! Hi,
It's so nice to see a picture posted here as it seems like there are only a
few Westerners left
since they closed up shop on some people's servers???
I really don't understand the setup as to why it's just our orchids group.
There are still hundreds of
binaries groups available, including my garden group.
Anyway seems like you have been really busy prepping for the winter. I
love my Southern Burners & the only thing I have purchased is the $11.00
power coupler which seems to go so I keep a spare.
I love Disa's, plants from my heart. *G* Too hard to grow for me.
Cheers & keep on posting,
Wendy

Old 05-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenman View Post
I got a post through to rgo for the first time in 5 monmths, now let's
see if I can post here, too!

This is Disa uniflora, a yellow x orange cross givnign me nice peachy
tones. Second flower to open in this inflorescence in two months. Wonder
how long it'll bloom? Shouldn't be blooming now anyway, but I'll take it!
Hi Tennis,
I grew one just like this years ago here in South Carolina. I brought it to bloom after which it promptly rotted. I had 2 and they both did the same thing. I attributed it to the heat here and was just thankful to get the bloom I did. I do have better luck with Trichopilias.
Gary
Old 08-11-2008, 06:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Similar thing happened to me. Managed to get eight plants to flower,
re-potted in the winter and two survived and went on to flower - then
both promptly rotted off never to be seen again! I'm based in the UK
- not that that makes any difference!

Better luck next time.

Peter
--