GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Old, beat-up Paph.delenatii with a twist (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/185230-old-beat-up-paph-delenatii-twist.html)

tenman 28-06-2009 06:03 AM

Old, beat-up Paph.delenatii with a twist

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of about a half-dozen which spiked for me this spring. It
has been in bloom about two months and has out-lasted the rest.

The twist, like a lemon twist in a cocktail, is the fragrance. Still, as
beat-up and old as it is, every time I get near the paphs, I am very
pleasantly treated to a strong lemony fragrance courtesy of this flower.
It is one of about a hundred I originally got in a collection dispersal
5-6 years ago, all of which were from the same flasking and all of which
were fragrant.

I will not remove this flower until the fragrance wanes, no matter how
ratty it gets.