Old 30-06-2009, 01:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Kye's site

Did it go down for some reason? Can't seem to hook up. Could someone give me
the correct address again.

Thanks....Chuck.

Old 30-06-2009, 05:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

ChuckF wrote:
Did it go down for some reason? Can't seem to hook up. Could someone give me
the correct address again.

Thanks....Chuck.

Gee, hope you have better luck than I did. I posted a note to rgo on the
26th about them being down, and didn't get a peep. Maybe no-one goes
there and so no-one else is having the trouble.
Old 30-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Did it go down for some reason? Can't seem to hook up. Could someone give me
the correct address again.

Thanks....Chuck.
I've got the address 121.208.14.118 but I seem to be having the same trouble. Some people apparently aren't having any trouble and I wish they would supply any other connection data they have for this site.
Gary
Old 30-06-2009, 05:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

When Kye's ISP changed the "static" IP address on him before, I got an
error message. Now, using that same IP address, I simply see that there
are "no new messages".

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Old 30-06-2009, 05:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

v_coerulea2 wrote:
ChuckF;853813 Wrote:

Did it go down for some reason? Can't seem to hook up. Could someone
give me
the correct address again.

Thanks....Chuck.

I've got the address 121.208.14.118 but I seem to be having the same
trouble. Some people apparently aren't having any trouble and I wish
they would supply any other connection data they have for this site.
Gary

I have 121.208.41.118, and it has worked for a while now since the last
changeover a few months back. But now it just spins and spins and times out.

Old 30-06-2009, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yes this happened once before with Kye, he then changed his server number
to:-
121.208.41.118
I have emailed Kye using three different addy's so we shall see.
Not sure if they are current or not.
Cheers Wendy

Old 30-06-2009, 10:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"ChuckF" wrote in message

Did it go down for some reason? Can't seem to hook up. Could someone
give me the correct address again.

Thanks....Chuck.

I think the lesson here is, good intentions notwithstanding, it is at
this point unrealistic to expect to rely on the availability of any of
our current outlets (abpo, rgo, and Kye's two). I know several of us
have begun using Flickr as an alternative. It has new pics posted
notifications, pm availability, new comments and other activities
notifications, and 'contact' lists to enable one to keep up with others'
postings, etc.

It does not have a general message forum, unfortunately. The AOS forum
is working now, but it's so broken up into microforums there's no
community there, either. And who knows when it'll go on hiatus again. Or
disappear in a cost-cutting move.

I am at a loss for anything to replace the newsgroups as they are, but
I'm afraid we are all confronted by the fact that they are going away
and there's not really anything to be done about it; alternative
newsgroup readers don't really seem a viable option; several I've tried
just don't work, and the sad fact is with so many cut out of newsgroups,
there just isn't anything much on them anymore to try to follow anyway.
Old 30-06-2009, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I may be getting in way over my head, but what do we think about a
mailing list capable of supporting HTML, hence attachments?

If it's not too much of a burden, I might be willing to administer it.

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Posted At: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:02 PM

"ChuckF" wrote in message

[...]

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Kye's site again v_coerulea Orchids 4 13-03-2009 02:07 PM
Kye's Site ChuckF Orchids 2 13-03-2009 02:04 PM
To sign up on Kye's server. Wendy7 Orchid Photos 5 01-03-2009 01:55 AM
Kath, John, Kye Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 5 16-09-2007 01:10 AM
RGO going down the drain? Attn KYE Wendy Orchids 5 12-01-2004 11:08 PM