Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Blc.Waianae King x Blc.Buckaroo

I got this because it was supposed to be 'orange with purple lip' when I
saw another in bloom, and this one was out of bloom and marked down 75%.
I would call the lip more of a red though there is some blue in it and
it is much darker than the pic shows. The flower color is hard to
capture for my camera and only after significant manipulation of the
bright orange original was I able to get the flower color to render a
somewhat closer approximation of it as it truly is. However in order to
make the petals and sepals show more correctly, the lip is not as dark
as it should be. Oh, well...someday I'll find a camera that takes better
pics (and pass it by as too expensive!).

I am very pleased with this sunset-toned flower and especially like the
form.

A slight, pleasant fragrance on this first day of opening.

Attached Thumbnails
Blc.Waianae King x Blc.Buckaroo-waianaekingxbuckaroo.jpg
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:42:48 -0700, tenman wrote
(in article ):

I got this because it was supposed to be 'orange with purple lip' when I
saw another in bloom, and this one was out of bloom and marked down 75%.
I would call the lip more of a red though there is some blue in it and
it is much darker than the pic shows. The flower color is hard to
capture for my camera and only after significant manipulation of the
bright orange original was I able to get the flower color to render a
somewhat closer approximation of it as it truly is. However in order to
make the petals and sepals show more correctly, the lip is not as dark
as it should be. Oh, well...someday I'll find a camera that takes better
pics (and pass it by as too expensive!).

I am very pleased with this sunset-toned flower and especially like the
form.

A slight, pleasant fragrance on this first day of opening.

Sounds and looks good to me. I agree about the form, TM.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

tenman wrote:
I got this because it was supposed to be 'orange with purple lip' when I
saw another in bloom, and this one was out of bloom and marked down 75%.
I would call the lip more of a red though there is some blue in it and
it is much darker than the pic shows. The flower color is hard to
capture for my camera and only after significant manipulation of the
bright orange original was I able to get the flower color to render a
somewhat closer approximation of it as it truly is. However in order to
make the petals and sepals show more correctly, the lip is not as dark
as it should be. Oh, well...someday I'll find a camera that takes better
pics (and pass it by as too expensive!).

I am very pleased with this sunset-toned flower and especially like the
form.

A slight, pleasant fragrance on this first day of opening.

Nice!

K Barrett

Rate This Thread: