GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My Myrmecophila tibicinis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/185931-my-myrmecophila-tibicinis.html)

wendy7 23-07-2009 01:02 AM

My Myrmecophila tibicinis

1 Attachment(s)
Myrmecophila tibicinis, I would still rather call it Schomburgkia tho!

All buds open & is lasting in our sudden heat wave here in S.Calif.
Cheers Wendy

Chris Savas 23-07-2009 11:17 PM

My Myrmecophila tibicinis - Schomburgkia.jpg [01/01]

2 Attachment(s)
In article , "Wendy7" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CA0AEE.228FBCE0

Myrmecophila tibicinis, I would still rather call it Schomburgkia tho!

All buds open & is lasting in our sudden heat wave here in S.Calif.
Cheers Wendy

Very nice, I like the color. The flowers on my plant are bit bit more
orange.

Oh, and how tall is the bloom spike?

I'm 5' 4" tall.

Chris Savas

Chris Savas 24-07-2009 12:07 AM

My Myrmecophila tibicinis

In article , "Wendy7"

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CA0AEE.228FBCE0

Myrmecophila tibicinis, I would still rather call it Schomburgkia tho!

Very nice, I like the color of your blooms. Mine has a bit more orange.
And, how tall is the bloom spike?

Mine got so tall, that I had to take it out of the greenhouse. I'm 5' 4" . .
..

wendy7 24-07-2009 08:38 PM

My Myrmecophila tibicinis - Schomburgkia.jpg [01/01]

Thanks Chris & thanks for your photo too. I have a few different plants from
different sources & have one that is orangy/brown.
Your guy looks very happy in a pot wondering what mix you used if any?
Cheers Wendy
"Chris Savas" wrote in message
g.com...
In article , "Wendy7"

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 24-07-2009 10:06 PM

My Myrmecophila tibicinis - Schomburgkia.jpg [01/01]

This is good. I'm seeing the pictures. Chris, you blow my mind. My mental
image of you was so different!

Diana

Chris Savas 24-07-2009 10:50 PM

In article , "Wendy7" wrote:
Thanks Chris & thanks for your photo too. I have a few different plants from
different sources & have one that is orangy/brown.
Your guy looks very happy in a pot wondering what mix you used if any?
Cheers Wendy

Most of my plants are in a mix of tree fern, redwood chips, sponge rock, and
charcoal.

Chris Savas