Old 18-01-2010, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Cattleya Unknown

This one has the most velvety lip I ever saw. It doesn't show up
in the photo though?
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Cattleya Unknown-c-unknown-970-03785.jpg
Old 19-01-2010, 05:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ok, per request, replying to make a thread. For Casper!

Old 19-01-2010, 10:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Same here - Thank goodness for the orchidphotos list!

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com
Orchid Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books
Artwork, Free Services & Lots of Info!

Old 22-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered User

The orchid family, Orchidaceae, is the most numerous in the plant kingdom. There are about 25,000 to 30,000 known species of orchids around the world. Orchids are found in all continents except Antarctica, and Duplicate File Cleaner from hot tropical jungles to the cold climate in North America. However, some orchids are found only in certain region of the world and nowhere else, for example, the Vanda genus colonizes only South East Asia.
Old 30-01-2011, 07:04 AM
jasmin101's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Medan

It's easily distinguished from other plants...yes, apomorphies...
and personally, I like the white orchid, a symbol of innocence and sweetness..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29Smith View Post
The orchid family, Orchidaceae, is the most numerous in the plant kingdom. There are about 25,000 to 30,000 known species of orchids around the world. Orchids are found in all continents except Antarctica, and Duplicate File Cleaner from hot tropical jungles to the cold climate in North America. However, some orchids are found only in certain region of the world and nowhere else, for example, the Vanda genus colonizes only South East Asia.
__________________
Just wanna share things across my mind especially gardening, landscape, lawn turf and more.
cheers
jasmine | seo services
Old 07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy7 View Post
This one has the most velvety lip I ever saw. It doesn't show up
in the photo though?
Cheers Wendy
It's really look like amazing. I surprise to see it. Thank you for sharing such lip.
Old 19-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered User

Its simply amazing photo and how I can upload photos?
Old 15-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Paxton's Avatar
Registered User

Awesome photo of this flower,.
I love the purple color and its looking great in the purple color,.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered User

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmin101 View Post
It's easily distinguished from other plants...yes, apomorphies...
and personally, I like the white orchid, a symbol of innocence and sweetness..
Jasmin , I totally agree with you planting is sign of beauty as well as it is also depiction of innocence. I too am fond of gardening and always seek ways to get new plants from here and there.... Its good to be with plants.
Old 29-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered User

I am facing problem to upload my snap of a good quality, can you please help me out..
Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrdsprashant View Post
I am facing problem to upload my snap of a good quality, can you please help me out..
stunning - such a deep colour

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Cattleya Unknown Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 03-12-2007 02:53 AM
Cattleya loddigesii - lovely silky-smooth purple bifoliate cattleya Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 05-01-2007 03:04 AM
Cattleya jenmanii - classic large-flowered Cattleya Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 02-01-2007 08:55 PM
Cattleya 'Virtue' John Mallery Orchids 1 05-06-2003 03:20 AM
Cattleya blooming jim Orchids 4 03-02-2003 10:55 AM