Old 28-07-2005, 09:28 PM
?

Default OT disassembling and packing a greenhouse

I recently inherited a green house (Everlite, aluminum frame, glass
glazing) and will be moving it from South Carolina to North Carolina.

Aside from being very careful to save all the glass clips and
being very careful to avoid breaking glass, does anyone have any
pointers on disassembly and packing it for shipping?

Pointers to information on swamp coolers and heaters would also
be appreciated.
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 28-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Rob

? wrote:
I recently inherited a green house (Everlite, aluminum frame, glass
glazing) and will be moving it from South Carolina to North Carolina.

Aside from being very careful to save all the glass clips and
being very careful to avoid breaking glass, does anyone have any
pointers on disassembly and packing it for shipping?

Pointers to information on swamp coolers and heaters would also
be appreciated.

Yep. Hire somebody to do it. Find a greenhouse construction company
and pay them whatever it takes. I just did this last year, and I can
assure you that whatever it costs, it is probably worth it. Unless you
have three or four burly friends and absolutely nothing else to do for a
few weeks.

I was going to move my greenhouse myself and couldn't do it. Oh, I
could have, eventually. I got it half down, and half moved. I probably
spent almost every weekend for about three months on it, and innumerable
miles on the car. I don't know if I lost any friends, but I owe several
very big markers. But I ran out of time and it started to get cold, so
I had to give up and call in the reinforcements.

Granted, this was a pretty big greenhouse (32x96 feet). If your
greenhouse is smaller, then you might be able to do it yourself. Be
realistic, and then add 100% to your time and cost estimates. If it
still sounds reasonable, then go for it. Fair warning, though.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1