Old 06-08-2005, 01:31 PM
chaz

Default >>>> fluorescent lighting ???? <<<<<

I have a question about fluorescent lighting.

I have an old school desk that my dad refinished years ago and gave to me.
Its a wonderful old piece of history. I have converted it to holding my
african violets. My question is 2-pronged:

Do ordinary fluorescent lights provide a decent wavelength for plant growth
or only the fluorescent "plant lights"? (the reason i ask is now i can buy
fluorescent "screw in lights" for replacing in a standard lamp, i think.

Is there a tabletop fluorescent lamp I can purchase?

Do incandescent "plant lights" do any good? (it seems like i have read they
dont)

thanks for any advice.

chaz

Old 06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
PhalGuy

Hello!

I do use regular fluorescent for my Phal. To have a broad spectrum, you have
to mix COLD light with Warm light.
For the fixture, I use the cheapest one, the shoplight ! Change your
fluorescent once a year and you will have a good setting.... at least for
Phal!

Claude

k.net...

Old 06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Mick Fournier

Shop lights (utility full spectrum daylight) is the cheapest and the best.
I never used warm, cool or any of those other types.

Mick