Old 28-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Bill

Default Warm growing Miltonias

Hi all, Can anyone tell me where I can get a LARGE FLOWERED Milt.
moreliana and Milt. Honolulu 'Warne's Best'??? Thanks, Bill

Old 28-08-2005, 05:31 PM
K Barrett

The first is more frequently called Milt. spectabilis var moreliana, so a
google search under that name will turn up more hits. McLellan's Botanicals
in the Salinas, California area used to have the Milt Honolulu, but I have
no idea how to contact them. Personally, I'd google them both and see what
turns up.
K Barrett

oups.com...

Old 28-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Niek Hanckmann

Miltonia spectabilis var. mooreliana (with double 'o') will give you
even more results since it is its official name.

Grtz. Niek

K Barrett schreef:
The first is more frequently called Milt. spectabilis var moreliana, so a
google search under that name will turn up more hits. McLellan's Botanicals
in the Salinas, California area used to have the Milt Honolulu, but I have
no idea how to contact them. Personally, I'd google them both and see what
turns up.
K Barrett

oups.com...

Old 28-08-2005, 09:40 PM
K Barrett

No its not. Check IPNI. Its var. moreliana.

K Barrett

K Barrett schreef:
The first is more frequently called Milt. spectabilis var moreliana, so

google search under that name will turn up more hits. McLellan's

Botanicals
in the Salinas, California area used to have the Milt Honolulu, but I

have
no idea how to contact them. Personally, I'd google them both and see

what
turns up.
K Barrett

oups.com...

Old 28-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Niek Hanckmann

No its not. I checked IPNI and it said var. morelliana. (but your where
right, it wasn't mooreliana either!) I don't remember I ever saw it
spelled like that, but a google on the net gave me plenty of resources
so it must be right.

Grtz. Niek

K Barrett schreef:

The first is more frequently called Milt. spectabilis var moreliana, so

google search under that name will turn up more hits. McLellan's

Botanicals

in the Salinas, California area used to have the Milt Honolulu, but I

have

no idea how to contact them. Personally, I'd google them both and see

what

turns up.
K Barrett

egroups.com...

Old 29-08-2005, 02:00 AM
V_coerulea

Just because you can get a lot of hits off Google for a particular spelling
doesn't mean it's correct. It can simply mean there are a lot of people who
don't know the correct name or who can't spell. The former is frequent; the
latter, pathetically frequent. There are also those who don't care - even
more pathetic.
Gary

K Barrett schreef:

The first is more frequently called Milt. spectabilis var moreliana, so

google search under that name will turn up more hits. McLellan's

Botanicals

in the Salinas, California area used to have the Milt Honolulu, but I

have

no idea how to contact them. Personally, I'd google them both and see

what

turns up.
K Barrett

legroups.com...

Old 29-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Bill

Hi Kay, Thanks for the heads up. I didn't mean to start a "name war".
Or conduct a spelling bee (see answers below) but I use Wildcatt & they
are alway correct (almost) LOL moreliana is correct as I see it. A
lot of names have been recently changed by the "taxidermists" LOL so
Milt. spectabilis is now distinctly different from Milt. moreliana. It
is interesting to me that you were the only one to answer my query,
while the rest launched into a spelling lesson. For that, I thank you.
Good growing, Bill

Old 29-08-2005, 09:16 PM
?

On 29 Aug 2005 12:04:51 -0700 in .com Bill wrote:
Hi Kay, Thanks for the heads up. I didn't mean to start a "name war".
Or conduct a spelling bee (see answers below) but I use Wildcatt & they
are alway correct (almost) LOL moreliana is correct as I see it. A
lot of names have been recently changed by the "taxidermists" LOL so
Milt. spectabilis is now distinctly different from Milt. moreliana. It
is interesting to me that you were the only one to answer my query,
while the rest launched into a spelling lesson. For that, I thank you.
Good growing, Bill

USENET rule #1. If you don't know troll.
USENET rule #2. If you are too polite to troll, flame spelling or grammar.

:-).

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 29-08-2005, 10:28 PM
K Barrett

I hope you find the Honolulu. The one McLellan's Botanicals brought in for
AOS judging was huge. Alas, it was before we started the Pac Central web
page so I have no photos,

Good luck

oups.com...

Miltonias orchids Lgge Orchid Photos 4 01-02-2024 10:30 PM
Brazilian Miltonias vs Miltoniopsis Bill Orchids 2 11-06-2005 12:23 AM
Miltoniopsis Vs. Miltonias William Hill Orchids 2 04-11-2004 08:10 PM
Miltoniopsis Vs. Miltonias William Hill Orchids 0 04-11-2004 07:25 PM
Anyone use a space heater in home for warm growing orchids? Elpaninaro Orchids 8 10-03-2003 05:44 AM