Old 16-09-2005, 04:25 PM
K Barrett

I found out a picture on eBay was taken from one of my web pages
without permission. I used VeRo and we'll see what results it will
have. The vendor is in the UK. Looks like VeRo is in the UK too. I
faxxed it last night, should have been start of business their time in
the UK...we'll see. As of this AM the photo is still there.

K Barrett

Al wrote:
I think they were copied in these instances. I have not come across this
linking issue before. But I haven't looked.

The VeRo program works very quickly within eBay. One of the people,
however had a website outside of eBay also and one of the pictures was
posted there but that is gone now too. And I have had a good night's sleep
and can spend the day repotting Phals and setting up automatic watering
zones.

"Steve" wrote in message
Al wrote:
Hi,

EBay is freaking me out. I just went over 37 pages of orchid listings
and found 5 pictures from my website being used to sell plants by two
different sellers. I had no idea. ................................

Al, as I was reading the replies to this post (and actually before I got
to Susan's last post) I started wondering if these people linked to your
site or if they copied your pictures to another site. If any of them
linked right to your site, just think of the fun you could have!
The most innocent thing you could do is take a picture of some dead flower
and give it the exact same file name as the borrowed one. Replace the
picture on your web site for the duration of the auction. Of course your
other options are unlimited. A written notice of how you really feel, a
close up of an obscene hand gesture, where ever that Y chromosome leads
you.

Steve