Old 14-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Phalguy

Default What can cause...

Hello everyone!

I have noticed that some of my phals have kind of silvery leather patches
texture beneath some leaves. What bug can cause this?

Thanks

Claude

Old 14-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Tony

Phalguy wrote:
Hello everyone!

I have noticed that some of my phals have kind of silvery leather patches
texture beneath some leaves. What bug can cause this?

Thanks

Claude

It sounds like mealy bugs. if it is, use cotton swab with rubbing
alcohol, daily if necessary.

Old 14-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Phalguy

Thanks Al!

I found the culprit..... Mites!

http://nat_hist.sdstate.edu/Orchids/Pests/mites.htm

I have lost 10 Phals over this summer because of that....
I`m sooooo mad........

Claude